The Interview Session
- I will administer and complete a 30-minute analysis of your answers to my, “What I want in a college survey” before our interview session.
- A 60-minute in-depth interview of both the student and the guardian/parent(s). The student interview assesses interests, passions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Can be done in-person, by video conferencing, or by phone.
Note: If you are in Metro Atlanta, a face-to-face consultation is strongly suggested for the first session. After this, you can choose whichever medium you prefer to use for subsequent sessions.
- It is essential that both the student and the guardian/parent(s) are present for this session as they are walked through 30 pivotal areas that are used to determine the best school match for the student.
Additional Services Included:
- An examination of transcripts, grade reports, teacher comments, standardized testing, psychoeducational testing, attendance records, discipline reports, awards, activities, and interests for the last three years.
- Follow-up phone calls to derive additional information when needed.
- Four hours of research scouring thousands of colleges to develop a minimum of 10 colleges that match both the academic qualifications of the student and the characteristics and qualities that the student and guardian/parent(s) are seeking in a college.
The Accurate School List Session
- A 60-minute, highly-detailed presentation of the schools that are a match for your student and an explanation of why. This determination will be based on the student’s academic, behavioral, and extracurricular records, personal aspirations, interests, and the school culture and characteristics that they and their guardian/parent(s) are seeking in a college.
- If applicable, the presentation will include why any colleges of interest were omitted from the recommended list.
- Students will receive instruction on how to do their own research and make changes from the initial list to give them ownership of and “buy-in” for the final college list.
The Strategy Session
- A 60-minute session to review the admission strategy—what the family needs to do to get admitted to the schools on the final list. This session allows ample time for questions from students and the guardian/parent(s) (i.e. scholarships and affording college, etc.).
- The family will receive a copy of my college admission reference book, 171 Answers to the Most-Asked College Admission Questions. This reference book will allow guardian/parent(s) and students to read the Table of Contents and go directly to the questions they have about the college process. 171answers.com