This acclaimed social media tactical training package teaches students how to employ the social media they use every day in excitingly new and productive ways. The self-directed and actionable lessons teach essential social media skills with a focus on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, and YouTube. The package includes 7 training modules utilizing how-to videos, real-life examples, interactive exercises, and thought-provoking questions.
This package contains over 4 hours of comprehensive and pragmatic educational materials with step by step instructions on how to build compelling digital portfolios and developing effective social networking techniques. Students are encouraged to build their public social media profiles and apply new engagement skills as they work their way through the materials.
- “Your Digital Identity” – Learn critical techniques to leverage Google to help establish your unique digital presence. These techniques will reduce the risk of being confused with someone else who shares your name and will help you control the first page fo your Google search results. Identify the best social media channels for your digital narrative.
- “Welcome to LinkedIn” – Learn why LinkedIn is the perfect platform for students to build a digital portfolio that tells their story to colleges and graduate schools with critical techniques. Learn how to optimize your LinkedIn settings to make sure your full name is visible and your profile is set to public and is discoverable by search engines.
- “Your Digital Portfolio” – Learn how to supplement your college application by building a compelling skills-based digital portfolio on LinkedIn. A well-crafted digital portfolio on LinkedIn can highlight your community service, commitment to activities, and your personal character attributes that colleges want to see in their applicants. Follow our step by step process to create a LinkedIn profile that will impress college admissions officers.
- “Leveraging LinkedIn” – Now that you’ve created an expert LinkedIn profile that will help you stand out from other qualified college applicants, it’s time to learn how to use LinkedIn to build your network. Make better-informed college decisions, find mentors, and grow your enrollment probability metrics.
- “Twitter Basics” – Twitter is a great way to communicate with college communities, thought leaders, and influencers. It is easier to connect with people and groups on Twitter than it is on LinkedIn. Learn how to create the perfect user name and how to optimize your 160 character bio into your digital elevator pitch. All tweets are monitored by colleges so a thoughtful and pragmatic approach to Twitter can pay substantial dividends.
- “The Twitterverse” – Learn to use the Twitter search function to find colleges and schools within those colleges to follow. Learn how to see who your colleges are following. Often times you will discover professors and other thought leaders in fields you are interested in. Learn how to use Twitter lists and learn proper Twitter etiquette when liking and retweeting. Learn how to build a Twitter following that will impress colleges, graduate schools, and employers.
- “Social Recruitment” – Beyond college admissions, your social media will come under scrutiny for scholarships, grad school admissions, and employment. Having a digital presence that showcases your skills, interests, service, and activities is having an impact on college acceptances and later on who gets the interview and the job. Having an optimized digital presence will make you much more likely to be found when someone searches for people with your keywords. Social media is replacing the resume and cover letter.